Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Princess Has a Plan....

Isobel came up to me the other night and asked, "Do princesses have babies?"

After thinking for a moment, I said, "Yes, some Princesses do. Princess Diana had two babies."

Then she told me "Well, I am a princess and I want to get married to Kale (Worman) but I don't want to have any babies. What should I do about that?" Not wanting to get into a discussion of birth control with a four year old, I told her that if she really didn't want children, she shouldn't get married.

And then I found out the reason behind the decision not to have offspring.

"I don't want to change stinky diapers," she confided, wrinkling up her nose.

But soon Princess Isobel came up with a workable solution (at least in her mind!) John and I will live with Isobel and Kale (or else they will live with us) and John will be in charge of changing the wet diapers and I will be responsible for changing the stinky ones.

Wonder if these "plans" will change in the months and years to come??

No comments:

Post a Comment